Frequently asked Questions
This is how you create your own 3D map in a few minutes with the 3D Mapper Studio online:
- Register or log in with your account
- Search for the desired place or area in the location browser
- Select a texture tile set and generate a 3d map
- Design the finished 3D map with the different style options (map height, rotation, marker and pins, water level, light settings, texture, edges, background)
- Download the 3D map in the desired format (3d file(*.glb, *.gltf), hi-res image(*.png), embed set(*.html), 3d print file(*.stl, *. obj), hi-res texture set(*.png))
Check out these tutorials to learn more about creating 3D maps orStart Mapping
After purchasing, you can find your maps in the Dashboard > Your Maps > Purchases with all download options to choose from. You must be logged in with the buyer account.
You can easily convert your glTF/GLB 3D map files to another file format using one of the free and open source apps Blender or MeshLap. First import the glTF/GLB map and then export it to the desired 3D file format.
Some export file formats that MeshLap support:
Some export file formats that Blender support:
The commercial use requires the purchase of a product and must be in agreement with the term of use of the respective map source data: Use of Maps
The source data is a Digital terrain model, which represents the bare ground surface, excluding buildings and plants. Buildings are not presented as a elevation on the 3D map.
The site requires a browser which supports WebGL, which it uses for the 3D previews. Some older browsers might not support this.
3D-Mapper.com was developed and tested with the latest version of Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge.